News: Enough Said
The largest event for plumbing system design professionals, the 2018 ASPE Convention & Expo offered up an amazing opportunity for learning, networking, and new product introduction yet again! Held every two years, this is one to put on the calendar for 2020 if you haven’t already. Couldn’t make it in person? Here is a look at the show from our point of view.
2018 ASPE: Multiple Innovations On Display At The Largest Event For Plumbing System Design Professional
Come join us at the 2018 ASPE Convention & Expo at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, in booth 1738 October 1-2. We will have a number of intriguing displays in the booth and feature the following:
The Inline 1100 SpecPAK™ Pressure Boosting System connects easily to nearly any commercial, industrial, or multi-residential plumbing configuration to provide an easy-to-size water pressure boosting solution. Contractors simply determine how much water is required to be boosted to the desired constant pressure output, and the system comes properly packaged. The pump itself, the Franklin Electric Inline 1100, is a quiet, all-in-one constant water pressure system that contains the pump, motor, and drive in a compact package. As water volume needs increase, the pump instantly accelerates to the proper speed to ensure the water pressure stays constant throughout the application.
The Little Giant® VCC-20-P Series is designed for automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications. It is constructed with plastics that have been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to meet the requirements of UL Standard 2043 “Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release of Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces.” UL Standard 2043 is a fire test method for determining the fire performance response of discrete products intended to be installed in air handling spaces, such as above suspended ceilings or below floors. The VCC-20-P Series delivers pumping performance of 80 gph at 1 foot and 20 feet shut off (on 115 V) and has a low-profile height of 1-3/4 inches.
Click here to get registered or for more information on the 2018 ASPE Convention & Expo.
Hurricane season has arrived, and early predictions insinuate we should be prepared for potential storms like 2017. Our recommendation: Have a pump or two ready! As you prepare, here’s a success story from our testimonial library about one homeowner who turned to the Little Giant® 5-MSP Sump Pump to save his house from flooding last year:
“Recently, I purchased a house and found a Little Giant 5-MSP sump pump in our garage. I didn't think much about the product until Hurricane Harvey struck our house. Our backyard was taking on water faster than the existing drainage could handle. So, very late in the night, my wife and I set up the sump pump in the large puddle/low spot of our yard and within minutes all the water was displaced to the front yard through our garden hose.
To go into more detail, I had recently been planning to install a dry well and implement a sump pump with some drainage lines to remove collected water, but I was only able to afford (financially and time-wise) to install the dry well. When Harvey was first approaching, it was a Category 1, however it very quickly turned into a Category 4 before the rain reached our neighborhood. My dry well filled up quickly and the existing drainage line, that the previous owner had installed, was overwhelmed and the water had nowhere to go because its exit point was completely flooded. We tried pushing and directing water out to our driveway which slopes toward the street, but the rain was coming down faster and in a greater quantity than our current methods could handle. I rushed into the garage to get an idea of what to do and there sat a box that I had never paid attention to that read “sump pump”. At this point, I was praying that it wasn’t too old (previous owner passed in 2011) and that it would fit our garden hose. To my relief, it turned on and the hose fit perfectly. We sat it in the deepest point of water and the pump started removing the water faster than I thought it would. The water was about to reach our house, but not 10 minutes later all the water had been diverted out to the street via the pump and garden hose. We ran this pump for hours on end for multiple days and it never once had any complications. We thought the rain was coming down faster than the pump could remove it, but after pumping for about 2-3 hours in the low spot and being heavily rained on, the water receded and was diverted out of the low spot.
I truly mean that our house would have flooded from the backyard if it weren’t for this sump pump that we found in the garage. I didn’t want this product to go unnoticed or unrecognized. I was certain that we were going to fry it at some point or it would overheat but it never did. It kept going even through the heaviest rains that Houston has ever had. I am amazed and extremely grateful for such a fantastic product. The Little Giant sump pump truly saved our house from taking on water. Thank you, thank you, thank you for creating such high-quality pumps.”
--- Logan Knowles, Houston Homeowner
When it comes to plumbing, it’s important to get it right the first time. We recently found this article on LinkedIn® and thought it might be interesting and helpful for you and your business. Check out these tips for yourself, or pass them along to your customers to avoid unnecessary plumbing challenges.
Read the full article here.
LinkedIn is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation.
The Inline 1100 SpecPAK™ Pressure Boosting System provides a simplified way to select a packaged system for boosting water pressure in applications requiring more than one pump. The system connects easily to nearly any plumbing configuration, so instead of choosing individual components within the system, contractors simply determine how much water is required to be boosted to the desired constant pressure output. The system comes properly packaged and ready for installation virtually anywhere with a product footprint small enough to be hung in a small utility closet.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to expand the quantity of pumps after the initial installation should a building expansion or a water usage increase arise in the future
- Quiet, all-in-one constant water pressure system contains the pump, motor, and drive for easy and versatile system integration
- All stainless components for corrosion resistance and uncompromised water quality
- Electrical design with multiple fuses to prevent surge damage to control electronics
- Manifold and pump circuit piping sized to accommodate a full range of flows with minimal losses from hydraulic friction
- Grooved plumbing connections reduce setup time and minimize external stress transfers between piping connections
- Full port ball valves used to reduce pressure loss through fittings and maintain smooth, consistent water velocities through the system
For more information about the Inline 1100 SpecPAK, click here.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce that effective immediately, a 3-Year Warranty is being offered on all Little Giant® branded sump, sewage, effluent, and VCMX models manufactured after January 1, 2018. However, we are providing an offset of 12 months to account for existing inventory carried in Franklin Electric warehouses. The 2018 price guide has been updated to reflect the changes. The owner’s manuals and cartons will be updated as a running change.
If you have questions, please contact your local Little Giant Sales Representative.
The AHR Expo 2018 was yet again a collection of the some of the industry’s most innovative HVACR professionals. Franklin Electric and the Little Giant® brand featured a number of innovations that were well received among those that stopped by the booth. For those that were able to come out, thank you, it was fun! For those that couldn’t make it…here’s a look at the show from our point of view.
If you’re attending AHR Expo 2018 in Chicago, Illinois, January 22-24, be sure to stop by Booth 2910. A variety of Franklin Electric and Little Giant® branded HVAC pumping innovations will be on display, including:
- Inline 1100 SpecPAKTM Pressure Boosting System – It connects easily to nearly any plumbing configuration to provide an easy-to-size water pressure boosting solution for numerous HVAC applications. Contractors simply determine how much water is required to be boosted to the desired constant pressure output and the system comes properly packaged. The pump itself, the Franklin Electric Inline 1100, is a quiet, all-in-one constant water pressure system that contains the pump, motor, and drive in a compact package. As water volume needs increase, the pump instantly accelerates to the proper speed to ensure the water pressure stays constant throughout the application.
- Inline Controls – The family includes five pump starting and control devices that pair with a variety of submersible or surface pumps up to 20 amps (or approximately 2 hp) to provide or boost the system’s overall water pressure – and in many cases, without the need of an additional bladder tank. Depending on application requirements and selected model, the product family offers various forms of system protection, including dry run, dead head pumping, over amperage, locked system, and over pressurization. They also offer two unique features that ensure the system remains functional and hassle free, including: a daily motor rotation start designed to energize the motor at least once every 24 hours to prevent system locking, and a unique automatic restart feature eliminating the need to manually restart the pump in the case of an unexpected trip or fault.
- Updated Little Giant Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System – It now comes rated as a NEMA 3R outdoor system. The Inline 400 is constructed of UV-resistant materials and comes standard with a protective weather cap to be used for maximum protection of the unit when mounted vertically in outdoor applications. Once the Inline 400 is installed, the cap is easily attached over the top of the unit using an affixed Velcro button. It is UL classified for water quality mechanical device, NSF/ANSI 61 and 372, and Cold Water 6R21. In addition, the Inline 400 is now available for order with a 2-liter expansion tank at no additional cost. The standalone Inline 400 unit can be purchased should it be needed to meet customer’s installation needs.
- Proven Little Giant VCMX-20 Series of Condensate Pumps – It features a slim footprint for installation flexibility in tight areas, and a unique mounting bracket for easy mounting and removal. A 1/4-turn check valve allows for servicing without the removal of tubing to eliminate water spills, an external overflow switch automatically detects high level water, and an external test lever allows for quick testing of the pump or tank drain ability when needed. During a replacement of the pump with a new VCMX-20 Series, zero tools are needed for installation.
For more information about the AHR Expo 2018, click here.
The Little Giant® Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System is now available for order with a 2-liter expansion tank at no additional cost. The standalone Inline 400 unit can be purchased, should a different size or style tank be needed to meet installation needs. If additional 2-liter tanks are needed for other uses, or as a replacement part, they can be purchased independently.
For more information about the Little Giant Inline 400, click here.
Franklin Electric’s commitment to innovation and continual improvement means that we evaluate and incorporate new technologies into our existing products, services, and processes to continuously increase value for our customers.
As a result, we have made the following minor changes to the EC-1-DV Series Mini Condensate Pump:
- A minor circuit board design change has been implemented
- A new connector for the power cable has been incorporated
Effective immediately, new item numbers have been established for the EC-1-DV and EC-1K-DV 110-240 V 50/60 Hz models. The current item numbers 553505 and 553515 are discontinued and production has transferred to the new item. Orders will be automatically converted to the new models. Please update your systems to reflect these new item numbers to minimize any disruption to your receiving process.
Note: Electric cable from existing product will not connect to the new product and vice-versa. If a new model replaces an installed existing model, the included electrical cable supplied with the new model will need to be used. There has been no change to the product performance or dimensions.
Model Number Information
Product model and item numbers changed:
For more information about the EC-1-DV, click here.