News: Enough Said
Little Giant® is a leading brand that contractors have trusted for 75 years, and we wanted to hear, in their own words, what the name means to them. Check out the Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions video now available on YouTube to hear a variety of contractors and other Little Giant customers explain why they choose to make this historic brand a part of their business.
New Video Coming Soon: There is more waiting in the wings, so stay tuned to the Little Giant YouTube page in 2017 to see the latest on Little Giant!
Taking a trip to Las Vegas? Come join us at AHR 2017! We will be displaying multiple Little Giant® HVAC pumping innovations in Booth C5120 at the Las Vegas Convention Center January 30-February 1. On display will be:
- The new VCC-20-P Series – Designed for automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications. The VCC-20-P Series is constructed with plastics that have been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to meet the requirements of UL Standard 2043 “Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release of Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces.” UL Standard 2043 is a fire test method for determining the fire performance response of discrete products intended to be installed in air handling spaces, such as above suspended ceilings or below floors. The VCC-20-P Series delivers pumping performance of 80 gph at 1 foot and 20 feet shut off (on 115 V) and has a low profile height of 1-3/4 inches.
- The EC-1-DV Series Mini Condensate Removal Pump – Provides multi-voltage operation from one unit. The pump is designed to operate on any common residential and commercial voltages of 115 V, 208 V and 230 V single phase. The EC-1-DV and EC-1K-DV accomplish this multi-voltage operation by sensing the supply voltage and providing only the right amount of power to drive the pump to produce precise and consistent pumping performance. The pump offers improved noise reduction, reliable solid-state switching technology, and easy installation on the right or left side of mini-split, wall-mount ductless air conditioners. In addition to these features, it includes all the innovative features of the existing EC-1 Series.
- The SpeediDuct™ line set duct and accessories – Cover, protect and aesthetically hide refrigeration line sets for both mini-split and ducted air conditioner systems. Available in the color white or ivory, SpeediDuct naturally blends in against structures of similar colors or can be painted to match any exterior color. Multiple sizes of straight duct along with accessories, such as elbows, bends, caps, and joints, provide a flexible solution around any problematic location or application. In addition, SpeediDuct is easy to install. One of its primary features, the patented SpinFix™ clip and rail system, allows the contractor to quickly secure the line set, drain tubing and electrical wiring while the SpeediDuct covers are easily snapped on over the top. A variety of all-inclusive installation kits, including the Flex Hose kits, also provide the contractor with everything needed to quickly and properly meet the need of the application.
Join us in celebration! 2016 marked the 75th Anniversary for Little Giant®. Consistency, innovation, and quality have been key contributors to our success in the market for so long. 75 years is a long time, but what does this anniversary mean to the market? Hear for yourself what contractors, distributors, and others from the field think about Little Giant and the immense value they get from the brand every day.
Industry Experts Featured Include:
• Glen Stern, Platsky Company Inc.
• Charlie Utley, Little Giant Brand Ambassador
• Ronnie Hill, Locke Supply Company
• Ronnie Seeman, A/C Innovations
• Mike Kirby, Kirby Plumbing
To watch the video, click here.
New Videos Coming Soon: There are more videos waiting in the wings, so stay tuned to the Little Giant YouTube page throughout the rest of 2016 and in early 2017 to see the latest videos as they are released.
The largest event for plumbing system design professionals has come and gone, once again showing the industry the latest and greatest in product innovation. Just a few of the products at the Little Giant® booth were the:
- New Little Giant VCC-20-P Series
- Little Giant 6EC Series and 10EC Series pumps
- Franklin Electric Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System
- New FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series
If you missed it, here is a little sneak peek at our view of the show. For more photos from the show, click here.
Join Little Giant® in booth 237 at the Phoenix Convention Center October 31-November 1 to see its latest pumping innovations, including:
- Franklin Electric’s new Little Giant VCC-20-P Series is designed for automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications. The VCC-20-P Series is constructed with plastics that have been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to meet the requirements of UL Standard 2043 “Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release of Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces.” UL Standard 2043 is a fire test method for determining the fire performance response of discrete products intended to be installed in air handling spaces, such as above suspended ceilings or below floors. The VCC-20-P Series delivers pumping performance of 80 GPH at 1 foot and 20 feet shut off (on 115 V) and has a low profile height of 1 ¾ inches.
- The Little Giant 6EC Series and 10EC Series pumps provide lower current draw, higher energy efficiency, and improved performance in sump, dewatering, water transfer and light effluent applications. These units feature cast iron covers and a polypropylene base that includes the stainless plate. Additional models are now available with a durable cast iron base providing increased intake area, reducing intake velocities and clogging potential. The 1/3 hp 6EC Series consumes only 5.0 amps while producing 53 gpm at 5 feet of head and reaching a maximum shut off of 28 feet. The 1/2 hp 10EC Series touts a full-load rating of only 6.5 amps and produces 67 gpm at 5 feet of head with a maximum shut off of 36 feet.
- The Franklin Electric Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System is a compact and economical solution to most water pressure improvement needs. The Inline 400 couples a proven Franklin Electric pump and motor with simple flow-based controls to provide a typical water pressure boost of up to 40 PSI, depending on the application’s need. The unit’s symmetrical design allows for easy installation mounting either vertically or horizontally to fit within most existing plumbing configurations – including those where space is limited. This powerful, yet whisper quiet system is ideal for city water pressure boosting, pressurizing water from a cistern tank, re-pressurizing after filtration and irrigation system boosting applications.
For more information about ASPE 2016, click here.
In 2016, Franklin Electric is celebrating the 75th anniversary of Little Giant®. Recently, at the employee celebration held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the company was recognized by Mick Cornett, Mayor of the City of Oklahoma City, with the issuance of a proclamation for reaching this historic milestone. In addition, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Gregg Sengstack and Franklin Electric Vice President and President of North America Water Systems, DeLancey Davis spoke about the longevity of the company and how it revolves around great people.
To view the video, click here.
We appreciate you! 2016 marks the 75th Anniversary for Little Giant®. This video is just one way we are saying thank you to our amazing collection of employees, customers, and business partners who have teamed together to make Little Giant the leader it is today.
To view the video, click here.
Little Giant® now offers the new VCC-20-P Series for plenum applications where limited space or gravity drainage is impractical. This pump is designed for the automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications, including office buildings, manufacturing facilities, schools, hospitals, or any other commercial space.
- Meets the requirements of UL 2043 and is labeled “For Plenum Applications”
- 1/30 hp motor
- 1-3/4" low profile tank height ideal for tight spaces
- Vertical centrifugal pump design
- Automatic start and stop switch
- Thermally protected, fan-cooled motor
- Stainless motor shaft
2016 marks the 75th Anniversary for the Little Giant® brand of plumbing, HVAC, dewatering, utility and a variety of other pumps. Little Giant, a Franklin Electric brand, originated in 1941 when a plumber named R.M. “Doc” Wolfe found a solution to the quality challenges he faced with evaporative cooling pumps. The Little Giant Vaporizer was born and was considered the first electric motor-driven submersible pump of its kind on the market. Shortly thereafter, the Little Giant Vaporizer Company was created in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where 15 employees manufactured submersible vaporizers for evaporative coolers.
“Little Giant products and people have been an important addition to the Franklin family,”
said DeLancey Davis, Franklin Electric Vice President and President of North America Water Systems. “Little Giant has provided a terrific base business in the wastewater, HVAC and outdoor living channels, and holds strong brand recognition with key areas of distribution in each of these markets. Much of this can be attributed to consistent product introductions, innovations, and a loyal customer base that has continued to make Little Giant their brand of choice for 75 years. The Little Giant brand was built on dedication to quality and availability and is a testament to our loyal employees who put their craftsmanship into every Little Giant product to support our customers’ craft. We are truly grateful to our ideal collection of employees, customers, and business partners who have teamed together for 75 years to make Little Giant the leader it is today.”
After World War II, Little Giant purchased an aluminum die-casting machine and started taking on die-casting contractor work in the 1940s to further increase sales and personnel expertise. By 1950, this expertise had grown so much that the company was able to develop and manufacture an upgraded Little Giant Vaporizer Pump that could be used anywhere water recirculation was a problem. This basic, self-contained electric motor-driven submersible pump was a small low-pressure, high-volume pump that was used specifically for the recirculation of water for evaporative coolers, minnow tanks, home garden pools and fountains, light coolant oils for machine tools, laboratory uses and many other water transfer applications.
In 1954, the development of the Little Giant C2 and C3 pumps signaled the company’s true entrance into the condensate pump business. In 1960, the company reorganized and changed its name to Little Giant Corporation, expanding its focus to battery chargers and steam cleaning machines that were later sold so the company could focus completely on water pumping. Over the next 20 years, the company continued to build its name around innovation with: condensate removal pumps (1958), sump pumps (1963), magnetic drive pumps (1968), sump/sewage/effluent pumps (1980), Eliminator Series 8E, 9S, 10S pumps (1985), aquarium pumps (1990), WRS-5 and WRS-6 sewage basins (1990), pool cover pumps (1996), decorative outdoor living products for the landscape industry (1997), the VCMA condensate pump (1999), grinder pumps (2000), Pit+Plus® sewage basins (2003), and outdoor living LED lights (2004).
Little Giant was purchased by Franklin Electric, a leading global manufacturer of pumps, motors, drives and controls for residential, commercial, agricultural, industrial and municipal applications, in 2006. With the combined Franklin engineering and manufacturing teams, the Little Giant brand has continued its focus on providing innovative products that solve contractor challenges in the pumping industry. Little Giant’s wastewater product expertise includes sump, sewage, effluent, dewatering, condensate, magnetic drive, and utility pumps, as well as low pressure sewer systems. The Little Giant Outdoor Living product line includes a variety of pumps and accessories for decorative water, hydroponics, aquarium, pool, and marine applications.
For more information on Little Giant Outdoor Living products, visit www.lg-outdoor.com.
See it for yourself. The enhanced Little Giant® GP Series Grinder Pump handles the tough demands of higher head conditions found in many low pressure sewage applications. This video takes a deeper look into the utilization of its reliable patented cutter system at 414,000 cuts per minute.
Watch It Shred:
This unit incorporates two impeller stages for efficient pumping of sewage slurries up to 130 feet.