News: Enough Said
The flooding season is just around the corner, meaning your sump pump will be pulling its weight to keep your home protected from flooding and ruining your valuables that you’ve worked so hard for. But, what happens when a bad storm comes through and knocks the power out? If you have a regular sump pump, your investment could be in jeopardy. The Little Giant® SPBS Series Battery Backup System is a perfect solution to keep your sump pump running until the power comes back on. Click here and watch our new Little Giant Battery Backup System video.
The Complete Little Giant Video Library
If you haven’t recently, check out our Little Giant YouTube page and see all the videos we have to offer:
- Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions – Part 1
- Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions – Part 2
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Testimonial Video
- GP Series Grinder Pumps
- Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Celebration Ceremony
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Customer & Employee Thank You
We recently introduced two new upgrades to the Little Giant® Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System. Although these changes are small, with no effect to the overall performance or function of the product, we are excited about the positive impact and new application possibilities these changes will have for customers. Beginning immediately (products with a 16L date code/Serial Number prefix), the Little Giant Inline 400 will come standard with:
- A clear protective rain cover: This durable poly-carbonate cover protects the control head when installed vertically outdoors. By adding this UV-resistant cover to the control head, a NEMA 3R rainproof rating is achieved in all vertical installations. Because this cover is clear, it can remain in place, yet still allow the owner to read the overall system status LED indicators. Using Velcro, the cover is held securely in place, but is quickly removed if any changes are required to the internal electronic control systems. Note: Horizontal installations will continue to be approved for INDOOR use only.
- Standard 1.25-inch male NPT thread connection fittings: These new connections allow for hassle-free installations that are quick, strong, and leak free.
Little Giant® solutions continued…In the second part of our quest to find out why the field has chosen Little Giant for more than 75 years, a variety of contractors and other Little Giant customers explain what the brand means to them. Check out our new Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions (Part 2) video now available on YouTube to hear it in their own words.
To see the video, click here.
Stay Tuned: There are more videos to come in 2017, so check back periodically to see the latest on Little Giant!
The theme of AHR 2017 this year was “Experience the future of HVACR”. And, we at Little Giant® were proud to be one of the innovative companies leading the charge. There was a positive buzz at the Las Vegas Convention Center this year, with more than 2,000 exhibiting companies and 764 product categories. It was definitely worth the trip!
Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
The Little Giant booth was once again packed with a variety of HVAC pumping solutions. Two of the hottest areas of the booth included our new VCC-20-P Series for plenum applications and our Inline CP Duplex Alternator demo set up. Talk with your local distributor or Little Giant representative if you would like more information on how these products could solve challenges for you.
Little Giant® is a leading brand that contractors have trusted for 75 years, and we wanted to hear, in their own words, what the name means to them. Check out the Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions video now available on YouTube to hear a variety of contractors and other Little Giant customers explain why they choose to make this historic brand a part of their business.
New Video Coming Soon: There is more waiting in the wings, so stay tuned to the Little Giant YouTube page in 2017 to see the latest on Little Giant!
Taking a trip to Las Vegas? Come join us at AHR 2017! We will be displaying multiple Little Giant® HVAC pumping innovations in Booth C5120 at the Las Vegas Convention Center January 30-February 1. On display will be:
- The new VCC-20-P Series – Designed for automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications. The VCC-20-P Series is constructed with plastics that have been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to meet the requirements of UL Standard 2043 “Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release of Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces.” UL Standard 2043 is a fire test method for determining the fire performance response of discrete products intended to be installed in air handling spaces, such as above suspended ceilings or below floors. The VCC-20-P Series delivers pumping performance of 80 gph at 1 foot and 20 feet shut off (on 115 V) and has a low profile height of 1-3/4 inches.
- The EC-1-DV Series Mini Condensate Removal Pump – Provides multi-voltage operation from one unit. The pump is designed to operate on any common residential and commercial voltages of 115 V, 208 V and 230 V single phase. The EC-1-DV and EC-1K-DV accomplish this multi-voltage operation by sensing the supply voltage and providing only the right amount of power to drive the pump to produce precise and consistent pumping performance. The pump offers improved noise reduction, reliable solid-state switching technology, and easy installation on the right or left side of mini-split, wall-mount ductless air conditioners. In addition to these features, it includes all the innovative features of the existing EC-1 Series.
- The SpeediDuct™ line set duct and accessories – Cover, protect and aesthetically hide refrigeration line sets for both mini-split and ducted air conditioner systems. Available in the color white or ivory, SpeediDuct naturally blends in against structures of similar colors or can be painted to match any exterior color. Multiple sizes of straight duct along with accessories, such as elbows, bends, caps, and joints, provide a flexible solution around any problematic location or application. In addition, SpeediDuct is easy to install. One of its primary features, the patented SpinFix™ clip and rail system, allows the contractor to quickly secure the line set, drain tubing and electrical wiring while the SpeediDuct covers are easily snapped on over the top. A variety of all-inclusive installation kits, including the Flex Hose kits, also provide the contractor with everything needed to quickly and properly meet the need of the application.
Join us in celebration! 2016 marked the 75th Anniversary for Little Giant®. Consistency, innovation, and quality have been key contributors to our success in the market for so long. 75 years is a long time, but what does this anniversary mean to the market? Hear for yourself what contractors, distributors, and others from the field think about Little Giant and the immense value they get from the brand every day.
Industry Experts Featured Include:
• Glen Stern, Platsky Company Inc.
• Charlie Utley, Little Giant Brand Ambassador
• Ronnie Hill, Locke Supply Company
• Ronnie Seeman, A/C Innovations
• Mike Kirby, Kirby Plumbing
To watch the video, click here.
New Videos Coming Soon: There are more videos waiting in the wings, so stay tuned to the Little Giant YouTube page throughout the rest of 2016 and in early 2017 to see the latest videos as they are released.
The largest event for plumbing system design professionals has come and gone, once again showing the industry the latest and greatest in product innovation. Just a few of the products at the Little Giant® booth were the:
- New Little Giant VCC-20-P Series
- Little Giant 6EC Series and 10EC Series pumps
- Franklin Electric Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System
- New FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series
If you missed it, here is a little sneak peek at our view of the show. For more photos from the show, click here.
Join Little Giant® in booth 237 at the Phoenix Convention Center October 31-November 1 to see its latest pumping innovations, including:
- Franklin Electric’s new Little Giant VCC-20-P Series is designed for automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications. The VCC-20-P Series is constructed with plastics that have been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to meet the requirements of UL Standard 2043 “Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release of Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces.” UL Standard 2043 is a fire test method for determining the fire performance response of discrete products intended to be installed in air handling spaces, such as above suspended ceilings or below floors. The VCC-20-P Series delivers pumping performance of 80 GPH at 1 foot and 20 feet shut off (on 115 V) and has a low profile height of 1 ¾ inches.
- The Little Giant 6EC Series and 10EC Series pumps provide lower current draw, higher energy efficiency, and improved performance in sump, dewatering, water transfer and light effluent applications. These units feature cast iron covers and a polypropylene base that includes the stainless plate. Additional models are now available with a durable cast iron base providing increased intake area, reducing intake velocities and clogging potential. The 1/3 hp 6EC Series consumes only 5.0 amps while producing 53 gpm at 5 feet of head and reaching a maximum shut off of 28 feet. The 1/2 hp 10EC Series touts a full-load rating of only 6.5 amps and produces 67 gpm at 5 feet of head with a maximum shut off of 36 feet.
- The Franklin Electric Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System is a compact and economical solution to most water pressure improvement needs. The Inline 400 couples a proven Franklin Electric pump and motor with simple flow-based controls to provide a typical water pressure boost of up to 40 PSI, depending on the application’s need. The unit’s symmetrical design allows for easy installation mounting either vertically or horizontally to fit within most existing plumbing configurations – including those where space is limited. This powerful, yet whisper quiet system is ideal for city water pressure boosting, pressurizing water from a cistern tank, re-pressurizing after filtration and irrigation system boosting applications.
For more information about ASPE 2016, click here.
In 2016, Franklin Electric is celebrating the 75th anniversary of Little Giant®. Recently, at the employee celebration held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, the company was recognized by Mick Cornett, Mayor of the City of Oklahoma City, with the issuance of a proclamation for reaching this historic milestone. In addition, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Gregg Sengstack and Franklin Electric Vice President and President of North America Water Systems, DeLancey Davis spoke about the longevity of the company and how it revolves around great people.
To view the video, click here.