News: Enough Said
Roughly, 85% of the cleanwater pumping systems that we sell, and our contractors install, are run on a basic switch and bladder tank that come on and off with a pressure differential. Many of these pumping systems, unfortunately, underperform every day. This doesn’t have to be the case. With Franklin Electric’s new* Inline Controls product family, which are fully compatible with Little Giant® brand pumps, maximizing the output and flow of the pumping system can be a simple reality. Our own Jeff Frank talks about about how contractors can meet peak pumping demand and provide the proper system protection by choosing the right control device.
*Note: Inline Controls scheduled launch date is August/September 2017.
Contractor Time Saver: VCMX-20 Series of Condensate Pumps Still Simplifying the Install & Serviceability Process
The Little Giant® VCMX-20 Series of Condensate Pumps continues to prove its value to contractors with the automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment when gravity drainage is not possible or practical. Here’s what one of our loyal customers recently said when asked about Little Giant and the VCMX.
“I back up everything that I do. I put it in writing. If the customer feels happy and secure about what I want to do, and I use the right products, then everybody is happy. I do not want to come back to the house. If I am installing a new system and I have to come back a month later I don't look good and my product doesn't look good. The best part about Little Giant products is that I don’t have problems; I don’t have repeat calls. So, with no repeat calls is a happy customer.” - Brian Heyman, Absolute Control HVAC Corp.
What makes the VCMX-20 Series unique is that it is designed to be the easiest condensate pump on the market to install, service, and/or replace – thus allowing contractors to quickly install the pump and get on to other jobs. Contractor- and application-friendly features include:
- Its slim 4.8-inch by 10.2-inch by 6.5-inch footprint allows for installation flexibility in tight areas
- A unique mounting bracket slips onto the pump for easy mounting and removal
- A 1/4-turn check valve allows for servicing without the removal of tubing to eliminate water spills
- An external overflow switch automatically detects high water levels
- An external test lever allows for quick testing of the pump so the contractor can be sure it’s ready to work properly, and it provides the ability to easily drain the tank when needed
- Rubber feet to absorb vibration and reduce noise on hard surfaces
- During a direct replacement utilizing a VCMX-20 Series, zero tools are needed for installation, making the replacement process even faster
The VCMX-20 Series has a pumping performance of up to 84 gallons per hour and is offered in both 115 V, 60 Hz and 230 V, 50/60 Hz models. An optional anti-sweat sleeve is available for applications where high humidity causes condensation on the outside of the tank. In addition to normal condensate applications, the unit is suitable for high efficiency oil and gas-fired condensing furnaces and condensing boiler equipment.
For more information about the VCMX-20 Series, click here.
What an amazing cause! Franklin Electric recently partnered with the Turtle Survival Alliance (TSA) – a nonprofit organization focused on achieving zero turtle extinctions – to improve the habitat for some of the most endangered turtles in the world.
Why is this Important?
Turtles have been roaming the water and earth for nearly 220 million years, making them one of the oldest species and one of the few to outmatch the dinosaurs in existence duration. They are essential to our ecosystem, helping clean up the environment by serving as aquatic scavengers. And yet, more than 50 percent of the 330 species alive today are threatened with endangerment. The TSA’s South Carolina location, known as the Turtle Survival Center, houses nearly 650 freshwater turtles and tortoises, including 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species. Franklin Electric recently donated 13 Little Giant® brand pumps to help create more stress-free environments that simulate the original habitat for these endangered species. This includes the Little Giant 6EC Sump Pump that is now keeping a greenhouse containment area cool and ideal for the turtles. Check out the video to see the impact our pumps are making on a global scale.
Franklin Electric has appointed Donald P. Kenney as President, North America Water Systems. In this role, Kenney will be responsible for all aspects of the North America Water Systems business that supports the sale of Franklin Electric products – including the Little Giant® brand – to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central America.
Kenney was hired as FE Petro employee number five in 1991. Over the years, he has assumed increasing levels of responsibility, becoming President of FE Petro in 2001, and then President of Franklin Fueling Systems in 2005. In 2013, Kenney was appointed a Vice President of Franklin Electric Co., Inc. and promoted to President, Energy Systems.
The flooding season is just around the corner, meaning your sump pump will be pulling its weight to keep your home protected from flooding and ruining your valuables that you’ve worked so hard for. But, what happens when a bad storm comes through and knocks the power out? If you have a regular sump pump, your investment could be in jeopardy. The Little Giant® SPBS Series Battery Backup System is a perfect solution to keep your sump pump running until the power comes back on. Click here and watch our new Little Giant Battery Backup System video.
The Complete Little Giant Video Library
If you haven’t recently, check out our Little Giant YouTube page and see all the videos we have to offer:
- Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions – Part 1
- Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions – Part 2
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Testimonial Video
- GP Series Grinder Pumps
- Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Celebration Ceremony
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Customer & Employee Thank You
We recently introduced two new upgrades to the Little Giant® Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System. Although these changes are small, with no effect to the overall performance or function of the product, we are excited about the positive impact and new application possibilities these changes will have for customers. Beginning immediately (products with a 16L date code/Serial Number prefix), the Little Giant Inline 400 will come standard with:
- A clear protective rain cover: This durable poly-carbonate cover protects the control head when installed vertically outdoors. By adding this UV-resistant cover to the control head, a NEMA 3R rainproof rating is achieved in all vertical installations. Because this cover is clear, it can remain in place, yet still allow the owner to read the overall system status LED indicators. Using Velcro, the cover is held securely in place, but is quickly removed if any changes are required to the internal electronic control systems. Note: Horizontal installations will continue to be approved for INDOOR use only.
- Standard 1.25-inch male NPT thread connection fittings: These new connections allow for hassle-free installations that are quick, strong, and leak free.
Little Giant® solutions continued…In the second part of our quest to find out why the field has chosen Little Giant for more than 75 years, a variety of contractors and other Little Giant customers explain what the brand means to them. Check out our new Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions (Part 2) video now available on YouTube to hear it in their own words.
To see the video, click here.
Stay Tuned: There are more videos to come in 2017, so check back periodically to see the latest on Little Giant!
The theme of AHR 2017 this year was “Experience the future of HVACR”. And, we at Little Giant® were proud to be one of the innovative companies leading the charge. There was a positive buzz at the Las Vegas Convention Center this year, with more than 2,000 exhibiting companies and 764 product categories. It was definitely worth the trip!
Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
The Little Giant booth was once again packed with a variety of HVAC pumping solutions. Two of the hottest areas of the booth included our new VCC-20-P Series for plenum applications and our Inline CP Duplex Alternator demo set up. Talk with your local distributor or Little Giant representative if you would like more information on how these products could solve challenges for you.
Little Giant® is a leading brand that contractors have trusted for 75 years, and we wanted to hear, in their own words, what the name means to them. Check out the Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions video now available on YouTube to hear a variety of contractors and other Little Giant customers explain why they choose to make this historic brand a part of their business.
New Video Coming Soon: There is more waiting in the wings, so stay tuned to the Little Giant YouTube page in 2017 to see the latest on Little Giant!
Taking a trip to Las Vegas? Come join us at AHR 2017! We will be displaying multiple Little Giant® HVAC pumping innovations in Booth C5120 at the Las Vegas Convention Center January 30-February 1. On display will be:
- The new VCC-20-P Series – Designed for automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications. The VCC-20-P Series is constructed with plastics that have been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to meet the requirements of UL Standard 2043 “Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release of Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces.” UL Standard 2043 is a fire test method for determining the fire performance response of discrete products intended to be installed in air handling spaces, such as above suspended ceilings or below floors. The VCC-20-P Series delivers pumping performance of 80 gph at 1 foot and 20 feet shut off (on 115 V) and has a low profile height of 1-3/4 inches.
- The EC-1-DV Series Mini Condensate Removal Pump – Provides multi-voltage operation from one unit. The pump is designed to operate on any common residential and commercial voltages of 115 V, 208 V and 230 V single phase. The EC-1-DV and EC-1K-DV accomplish this multi-voltage operation by sensing the supply voltage and providing only the right amount of power to drive the pump to produce precise and consistent pumping performance. The pump offers improved noise reduction, reliable solid-state switching technology, and easy installation on the right or left side of mini-split, wall-mount ductless air conditioners. In addition to these features, it includes all the innovative features of the existing EC-1 Series.
- The SpeediDuct™ line set duct and accessories – Cover, protect and aesthetically hide refrigeration line sets for both mini-split and ducted air conditioner systems. Available in the color white or ivory, SpeediDuct naturally blends in against structures of similar colors or can be painted to match any exterior color. Multiple sizes of straight duct along with accessories, such as elbows, bends, caps, and joints, provide a flexible solution around any problematic location or application. In addition, SpeediDuct is easy to install. One of its primary features, the patented SpinFix™ clip and rail system, allows the contractor to quickly secure the line set, drain tubing and electrical wiring while the SpeediDuct covers are easily snapped on over the top. A variety of all-inclusive installation kits, including the Flex Hose kits, also provide the contractor with everything needed to quickly and properly meet the need of the application.