News: Enough Said
What an amazing cause! Franklin Electric recently partnered with the Turtle Survival Alliance (TSA) – a nonprofit organization focused on achieving zero turtle extinctions – to improve the habitat for some of the most endangered turtles in the world.
Why is this Important?
Turtles have been roaming the water and earth for nearly 220 million years, making them one of the oldest species and one of the few to outmatch the dinosaurs in existence duration. They are essential to our ecosystem, helping clean up the environment by serving as aquatic scavengers. And yet, more than 50 percent of the 330 species alive today are threatened with endangerment. The TSA’s South Carolina location, known as the Turtle Survival Center, houses nearly 650 freshwater turtles and tortoises, including 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species. Franklin Electric recently donated 13 Little Giant® brand pumps to help create more stress-free environments that simulate the original habitat for these endangered species. This includes the Little Giant 6EC Sump Pump that is now keeping a greenhouse containment area cool and ideal for the turtles. Check out the video to see the impact our pumps are making on a global scale.
Franklin Electric has appointed Donald P. Kenney as President, North America Water Systems. In this role, Kenney will be responsible for all aspects of the North America Water Systems business that supports the sale of Franklin Electric products – including the Little Giant® brand – to customers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central America.
Kenney was hired as FE Petro employee number five in 1991. Over the years, he has assumed increasing levels of responsibility, becoming President of FE Petro in 2001, and then President of Franklin Fueling Systems in 2005. In 2013, Kenney was appointed a Vice President of Franklin Electric Co., Inc. and promoted to President, Energy Systems.
The flooding season is just around the corner, meaning your sump pump will be pulling its weight to keep your home protected from flooding and ruining your valuables that you’ve worked so hard for. But, what happens when a bad storm comes through and knocks the power out? If you have a regular sump pump, your investment could be in jeopardy. The Little Giant® SPBS Series Battery Backup System is a perfect solution to keep your sump pump running until the power comes back on. Click here and watch our new Little Giant Battery Backup System video.
The Complete Little Giant Video Library
If you haven’t recently, check out our Little Giant YouTube page and see all the videos we have to offer:
- Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions – Part 1
- Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions – Part 2
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Testimonial Video
- GP Series Grinder Pumps
- Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Celebration Ceremony
- Little Giant 75th Anniversary Customer & Employee Thank You
We recently introduced two new upgrades to the Little Giant® Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System. Although these changes are small, with no effect to the overall performance or function of the product, we are excited about the positive impact and new application possibilities these changes will have for customers. Beginning immediately (products with a 16L date code/Serial Number prefix), the Little Giant Inline 400 will come standard with:
- A clear protective rain cover: This durable poly-carbonate cover protects the control head when installed vertically outdoors. By adding this UV-resistant cover to the control head, a NEMA 3R rainproof rating is achieved in all vertical installations. Because this cover is clear, it can remain in place, yet still allow the owner to read the overall system status LED indicators. Using Velcro, the cover is held securely in place, but is quickly removed if any changes are required to the internal electronic control systems. Note: Horizontal installations will continue to be approved for INDOOR use only.
- Standard 1.25-inch male NPT thread connection fittings: These new connections allow for hassle-free installations that are quick, strong, and leak free.
Little Giant® solutions continued…In the second part of our quest to find out why the field has chosen Little Giant for more than 75 years, a variety of contractors and other Little Giant customers explain what the brand means to them. Check out our new Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions (Part 2) video now available on YouTube to hear it in their own words.
To see the video, click here.
Stay Tuned: There are more videos to come in 2017, so check back periodically to see the latest on Little Giant!
The theme of AHR 2017 this year was “Experience the future of HVACR”. And, we at Little Giant® were proud to be one of the innovative companies leading the charge. There was a positive buzz at the Las Vegas Convention Center this year, with more than 2,000 exhibiting companies and 764 product categories. It was definitely worth the trip!
Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
The Little Giant booth was once again packed with a variety of HVAC pumping solutions. Two of the hottest areas of the booth included our new VCC-20-P Series for plenum applications and our Inline CP Duplex Alternator demo set up. Talk with your local distributor or Little Giant representative if you would like more information on how these products could solve challenges for you.
Little Giant® is a leading brand that contractors have trusted for 75 years, and we wanted to hear, in their own words, what the name means to them. Check out the Little Giant Plumbing & HVAC Solutions video now available on YouTube to hear a variety of contractors and other Little Giant customers explain why they choose to make this historic brand a part of their business.
New Video Coming Soon: There is more waiting in the wings, so stay tuned to the Little Giant YouTube page in 2017 to see the latest on Little Giant!
Taking a trip to Las Vegas? Come join us at AHR 2017! We will be displaying multiple Little Giant® HVAC pumping innovations in Booth C5120 at the Las Vegas Convention Center January 30-February 1. On display will be:
- The new VCC-20-P Series – Designed for automatic collection and removal of condensate from air conditioning, refrigeration, and dehumidification equipment installed in air handling and plenum applications. The VCC-20-P Series is constructed with plastics that have been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to meet the requirements of UL Standard 2043 “Fire Test for Heat and Visible Smoke Release of Discrete Products and Their Accessories Installed in Air Handling Spaces.” UL Standard 2043 is a fire test method for determining the fire performance response of discrete products intended to be installed in air handling spaces, such as above suspended ceilings or below floors. The VCC-20-P Series delivers pumping performance of 80 gph at 1 foot and 20 feet shut off (on 115 V) and has a low profile height of 1-3/4 inches.
- The EC-1-DV Series Mini Condensate Removal Pump – Provides multi-voltage operation from one unit. The pump is designed to operate on any common residential and commercial voltages of 115 V, 208 V and 230 V single phase. The EC-1-DV and EC-1K-DV accomplish this multi-voltage operation by sensing the supply voltage and providing only the right amount of power to drive the pump to produce precise and consistent pumping performance. The pump offers improved noise reduction, reliable solid-state switching technology, and easy installation on the right or left side of mini-split, wall-mount ductless air conditioners. In addition to these features, it includes all the innovative features of the existing EC-1 Series.
Join us in celebration! 2016 marked the 75th Anniversary for Little Giant®. Consistency, innovation, and quality have been key contributors to our success in the market for so long. 75 years is a long time, but what does this anniversary mean to the market? Hear for yourself what contractors, distributors, and others from the field think about Little Giant and the immense value they get from the brand every day.
Industry Experts Featured Include:
• Glen Stern, Platsky Company Inc.
• Charlie Utley, Little Giant Brand Ambassador
• Ronnie Hill, Locke Supply Company
• Ronnie Seeman, A/C Innovations
• Mike Kirby, Kirby Plumbing
To watch the video, click here.
New Videos Coming Soon: There are more videos waiting in the wings, so stay tuned to the Little Giant YouTube page throughout the rest of 2016 and in early 2017 to see the latest videos as they are released.
The largest event for plumbing system design professionals has come and gone, once again showing the industry the latest and greatest in product innovation. Just a few of the products at the Little Giant® booth were the:
- New Little Giant VCC-20-P Series
- Little Giant 6EC Series and 10EC Series pumps
- Franklin Electric Inline 400 Pressure Boosting System
- New FPS IGPDS Dual Seal Grinder Pump Series
If you missed it, here is a little sneak peek at our view of the show. For more photos from the show, click here.